Sunday, September 23, 2007

There Just Isn't Enough Time . . .Yeah Right!

by: Paul Birdsall

There are so many times that I have a new person join my business and tell me that there time was limited to just afew hours a week and yet still want me to impart them with the tools to becoming a hyper successful internet network marketer that I figured now is good a TIME as any to prove them wrong.

==========Advertisement==========

Now is the time to take total control of your life. Learn the skills needed to prosper. Focus on them, get good at them, and then finally live a financially free life because of them. If you want to learn how to profit in your own home based business starting today regardless of how many people actually join your business, if you want to learn how to get as many customers for your business as possible without actually having to pick up the phone and recruit, what are waiting for? Now is the time. We can teach you how. Go here for complete details Now: www.ParentsWithPassion.net

===============================

The first thing to learn is that there is always time as long as you make it.

In a home based business your largest asset as well as your largest hurdle to overcome is the question of time. How do I make it and where am I going to find it.

So let me give you a few tips based on experience . . .

When I first began my internet network marketing businesstime was definitely an issue as I still held down a fulltime job so I had to make time when there really wasn't much to make.

I learned a few things . . .

What's important to you, you make time for is the biggest of them all though.

Now I'm not saying skip out on work, that's what puts food on the table, and of course that is number one until you liberate yourself from that concern.

But . . .

There are things that you do in the day that don't make you more productive despite what you may think.

Number one is access . . .

Living in the highly connected society that we do it's hard not to stay connect and that goes double when you have a home based business or network marketing organization budding below you.

In network marketing it's all about relationship, passion,and growth and well . . . It's that first thing that I think we trip on too much.

See, we as network marketers falsely believe that we have to be accessible to everyone at all time and let me tell you from experience it's not true!

When I first started to see strong growth in my organization and till today I tended to get an over abundance of emails and calls from people that wanted something.

It was, and to an extent today like I was a 7-11, open 24hours 7 days a week, and I believed that this is the way it had to be if I was to be a good sponsor.

You may disagree with what I'm about to say to you, but it's the truth . . . 75% of your communications with others are a waste of time.

Why?

When people email and call you about little things that if they didn't have direct access to you whenever they want that they would figure out themselves if they just spent five minutes looking into the situation themselves is a waste of your time.

When you allow it, people get needy, and when you're new to success you think you have to cater to it or else you're notbeing the best that you can be.

WRONG!

The first and sometimes hardest way to free up your time is to let needy concerns go.

Disconnect, turn off the cell phone for a few hours. I promise it's not going to hurt.

I'm as big a culprit as any when it comes to this. People call me and look up any hour has passed and nothing has happened except not so important conversation.

Let go. Please let go.

Disconnect for a while and you'll find time you never knew was there.

Second . . .

Be realistic when it comes to your time in a day. I used towrite to do lists that would go on for pages each and every morning and at the end of the day only have 4 things on my list of 41 done. (And usually they were the easiest things on that list to get done.)

So be realistic, when you have huge tasks and lots of little ones be realistic with your time, don't write a list of 83 things to do today when you know only, at most, 7 will get done.

Create your list and put a time next to each task for how long it will take and then stick to it. Don't keep working on your first task four hours past your allotted time. Stop when it's time to stop and move on.

It's easy to say but hard to do. It takes discipline, but you get a lot more done when you do it.

Third is focus . . .

Ideas are great and can come in an instant and can add new things to your list of to do items in a second, which is both good and bad.

Each month focus on one task, write your ideas down, but if they are not important to today's or this weeks work keep them documented and for the right time and continue to work on your main focus of the month.

For instance if lead generation is your task this month .

Great!

Learn and do as much as is needed to be the best at that task that you can, brainstorm and test new things, and what you'll find is at the end of the month you'll be much better at lead generation.

But what happens is you start out today thinking about lead generation and by the end of the night you start cooking up ideas on a new promotion for your team because of a great idea you had earlier.

Leave it until next month when promotion is your focus.

Again, easy to say, but harder to do . . .

Finally just get to it.

Write your list of to do items and get to them. Don't think about how you're going to get them done, or what the best order to get them done in is. You're wasting valuable time!

Get to it.

More time is wasted, and again I'm a huge offender here as well, thinking about when to get something done when youshould just be doing it.

Know your tasks and then do them.

When I first started my business as I said time was a huge factor. I had to get up take a shower and then get to work for 8 hours.

Never mind contacting new 40 prospects, writing new promotions for our team, learning new skills, or creating a team marketing guide.

What did I do?

I just made sure to wake up 3 hours earlier to get my business done before I went to work.

By the end of the day I only had the personal contacts left and maybe a few details.

The morning before anyone can bother you with little time wasting tasks and you're all alone is the best time of the day to get REAL work done, so use it!

These are just a few tips to find more time in your day I've learned through experience. Put them to use and you'll see what I'm saying.

You can get it all done, you just gotta make time for it.

Paul Birdsall is a home business success coach and can be reached at www.ParentsWithPassion.net

1 comment:

  1. Dear Paul & Jackie Birdsall,

    Your Official Blog (this blog) is getting my personal review as posted on http://MySurfingNotes.Blogspot.Com. I love it.

    If you don’t mind, please visit me and attach your comment or something there.
    Thank you and be blessed.

    Isyaias Sawing.
    MySurfingNotes

    ReplyDelete